photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Monday, 2 December 2013

birthday haul

On the 27th November it was my 15th birthday and I had asked most of my family for money. To commemorate my (hopeful) return from my blogging hiatus, I thought I'd do a bit of a haul post for you! Quick warning - this post may or may not (it is) be very picture heavy. 
 

I needed a new coat to wear into school with these cold winter months ahead of us, and I fell in love with this trench coat in the sale racks of Miss Selfridge. It's not the warmest of coats, but it shields me from most of the wind which is what makes me coldest, so I'm pretty happy with this. If you find this in store I would definitely recommend this although I would say to buy several sizes larger than you actually are as I'm generally a size 6-8 but this coat is a size 12 and fits pretty snugly once I have my blazer on. 
 
 
I've seen this Topshop cropped fluffy knit jumper EVERYWHERE at the moment, but it was too cute not to buy. Plus, everyone needs a bit more pink in their lives!
 
 
This Miss Selfridge floaty top with beaded double straps would be perfect tucked into a pair of black high-waisted jeans for a festive meal out or any smart-casual event. 
 
 
I know this won't be to everyone's taste, but I think this beaded lace dress from Miss Selfridge is so darn adorable and vintage, and I love the idea of wearing it and being oh-so girly like that. 
 
 
Estée Lauder's five eyeshadow palette in Island Sands definitely isn't a product I need, but it is one that I want. The luxurious packaging, the cutesy neutral/ pink colour scheme.. Why, it's every girly girl's dream!
 
 
Not one, but two Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine lipsticks! I got the shade Pink in Paris No. 13 which I think would be great for a more natural Christmas party lip, and Corail Intuitive No. 15 which I think is so gorgeous and great for an everyday lip colour- it reminds me of Mac's Coral Bliss but more sheer, moisturising and with a bit of sparkle in it. 
 
 
The famous Soleil Tan de Chanel, how I've pondered over spending £30 on you, a mere bronzer.. Thank God I got over that! I love love love this bronzer to pieces! It's very natural when buffed in properly, even with a lot of product applied and it's so creamy, easy to blend, Chanel. I prefer a very contoured look so I add a bit of Mac Harmony blush in the hollows of my cheeks, but even on its own it adds lovely definition. However, this is more suited to the fairer skinned people as it's not particularly dark. 
 
  
Adding another Bourjois foundation to my collection, I am not left disappointed. This is great at evening skintones with the 3 colour correcting properties in the formula, with a medium coverage. 
 
  
I've never paid much attention to Seventeen in Boots before, but I was looking for a cheap concealer and decided to give this one a go. This is a very high coverage concealer that covers all my blemishes, but also blends really nicely under the eyes which is useful when you don't want to buy 2 separate concealers. Compared to the hyped up Rimmel Wake Me Up and Collection Lasting Perfection concealers, I actually much prefer this one and think it deserves so much more recognition. 
 
 
 I have oily skin and always felt primers either made my skin even shinier without making my makeup last longer, and the 'matte' products just ended up looking cakey before I'd even put any foundation on (Benfit Porefessional, I'm looking at you) so I was rather dubious when I added picked this up. At first, it felt too slick and oily and I'd feared I'd made a grave mistake but once thoroughly worked into the skin Seventeen's Miracle Matte primer keeps my skin shine free, my makeup on my face, and all for a few pounds- brilliant!
 

  
I hadn't planned on buying this, but a Seventeen had an offer on where you got this 'Brow's That!' brow kit for free when you spent £8 or more. I've never used an eyebrow pencil before for fear of looking like I've coloured my face in with sharpie, but I've enjoyed using this mini one just to fill in sparse areas in my brows and make them more symmetrical. I also liked the brow gel and setting powder, but I feel this makes my eyebrows look a bit too thick so I prefer to use my Anatsasia Beverley Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite on top. This kit also comes with a brow highlight which I've found very useful and makes my eyes/ eyebrows look much brighter and neater. 
 
 
Having lost my old Rimmel powder and run out of my current one, I saw this in Boots and decided to pick it up- anything that says 'clear complexion' deserves a chance to prove itself! This powder does set my makeup and mattify my face nicely, but in the (albeit short) time I've used this, I haven't noticed any difference in my skin. However, it's cheap and does the job so I'll probably repurchase this anyway. 
 
 
 
Inspired by Caroline Hirons, I've invested in a few skincare products that match her skincare routine 'cheat sheet' including this REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser found in Space NK. I don't like to give opinions on skincare until I've tested them for a long time, so you'll just have to wait for any reviews- sorry. 
 
 
Clarins Brightening Exfoliating Toner is an acid toner that I'm using in the morning and nights I don't use my Alpha H Liquid Gold. I love toners because my skin feels so clean and almost sparkling (Is it possible for skin to feel sparkling? Just go along with it..) afterwards, and this one gets amazing reviews so hopefully it'll work with me too. 
 
 
Estée Lauder Idealist Pore Minimising Skin are finisher is awfully expensive for what it is- over £40 for a little 3 inch bottle of serum? This had better be worth it.. Luckily, the beautiful emerald, turquoise-y packaging gets massive brownie points from me. 
 
 
Darphin's Aromatic Purifying Balm is another expensive-for-it's-size skin treatment, but lets just hope that means it'll work well. Fabulously. Perfectly, in fact. I don't have £40 just lying about for whenever I need to buy another little pot!
 
 
 What plans do you have for Christmas?

 
 
 

 

 
 

 

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment