photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Thursday, 19 September 2013

you're entirely bonkers



The weekend before last was such a great way to start back at school.

I was invited to a birthday party where we would go roller skating, eat, go out to eat some more, go back and eat again, watch a movie, then end the night camping. The only rule? Dress up!

As you can see there was a wide array of costumes- Marios, Sharpays, 80s fitness instructors, St Trinians schoolgirls, a red indian, Despicable Me minions, and a couple of penguins. My costume, on the other hand, didn't go too well. Seeing as I only got the invitation 3 days beforehand (that's what I get for not bothering to charge my phone up all summer) I was in quite a rush and had to make so with what I found around my house.

 I was supposed to be the Mad Hatter but I couldn't find a suitable hat. Oh. I then decided to go along anyway and tie a gold bow on my head- introducing the Mad Bower, sister of the Mad Hatter. Whatever.

Rollerskating was a great experience and something I'd never have done on my own. After getting the hang of it, all I had to worry about was my skirt flying up if I fell over or went too fast.

The most memorable moment of the night was when we all started laughing in one of the tents and had an angry neighbour shouting at us at midnight across the garden fence. Very scarily. Seeing as we were scared he'd come into the garden and kill us all (sleepover logic for you) we all went back inside and talked for a good three hours about how it wasn't our fault, how we would deal with the matter in the morning, and then moved on to some totally unrelated topics including a book about a boy who didn't know the meaning of 'parents' until he was 14 years old.

In the morning we were treated to some lovely pancakes and put face masks on until our parents came to pick us up.

What have you been up to at the weekends since school started?

2 comments:

  1. All of these costumes look great. Yours is actually pretty neat, give yourself more credit!
    Sounds like a super fun time you had :)

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute costumes! here we don't use very much to wear costumes, usually only kids do it and only at Halloween. That looks great anyway, wish I was there! haha :)

    ReplyDelete