photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Monday, 24 June 2013

sweet pink summery snacks

It is now officially 'summer' with the 21st marking the Summer Solstice, and me being me the first thing that came into my head when that thought registered was 'food!'. Ice creams on the beach, picnics, barbecues  all the good things in the world y'know ;) I posted a few photos on my new instagram- SarahOrr1_


This weekend I got baking and made some really cute lemon sugar cookies with white sugarpaste icing and mini pink sugarpaste flowers. I used this Martha Stewart recipe for the cookies and a simple sugarpaste recipe (2 tablespoons of liquid glucose added to 1 egg white, then mix with 500g of sifted icing/ confectioners sugar) and gave them to my friends at school. Surprising people with a little token of your appreciation is such a nice thing to do and all your friends will appreciate it. Note: be careful to check everyone is okay with the ingredients as my friend is allergic to lemon, but even after I told her they had lemon in she continued to eat them.. saying I was terrified is an understatement!


I also had a go at making a smoothie after school today as I've decided only drinking water is a bit boring and I just need to suck it up and try something new. I added two handfuls of raspberries and a fair pour of milk (who loves my accurate measuring there?) but the great thing about making your own smoothies is that you can change almost everything other than having milk and your flavouring to suit your tastes and preferences- I'm planning on trying strawberries or blueberries next time. If you're not a great fan of smoothies, why not try a homemade milkshake or juicing some fruit like oranges, apples or pears?


So there you have it- two snacks you can make yourself that are quick, tasty and delicious!
Who said food can't be pretty? Feel free to decorate your snacks as much or as little as you want.
If you've tried either of these or have you own favourite summertime snacks, please tell me below

3 comments:

  1. Lemon cookies! <3

    http://ronnie-diaries.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog and I love it!!
    Alice xx
    http://alicethecamel1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the photos. very cute xx

    check my blog out?

    ReplyDelete