photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Thursday, 9 May 2013

tag> beauty things i suck at

I saw this tag going around YouTube and thought I'd make a blog post on it :)


1) Eyeliner - I swear, if you can do eyeliner perfectly every time you must be magic. In your head and in videos it looks so easy but the reality is I often have to re-apply eyeliner several times just to have matching eyes and lines that aren't almost as thick as my eye or go so far out to the side when I wing it that it looks like it's aiming to reach my hairline.

2) Makeup on other people - This must be about viewing angle or simply being comfortable as to where I should put things without hurting myself because whenever I try and attempt to be a MUA for a few minutes it goes horrendously wrong. Think badly applied bronzer, 2 inch thick mascara and a traumatised friend and you're part way there.


3) Nails - Personally, I think painting nails is an art ( have you seen The Nailasaurus?!) and unfortunately it's not one I have mastered the skill of. Even if I had decent nails instead of weak, stubby things I couldn't even make clear nail varnish work.

4) Eyebrows - Even though nobody else notices (or so they say) I can never get my eyebrows to look how I want them to ( aka like Cara Delevingne's) and they either seem to be too dark and Lily Collins-esque to suit me or have sparse patches that I can't seem to cover. Also, my eyebrows grow at a rate I would be ecstatic for my hair to grow at but instead means that I constantly have to keep them in shape which hurts like a...

So there you have it- 4 beauty things I absolutely SUCK at!
I tag all of you to do this either on your blog or YouTube if you have one, or even comment what they are below :)

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!! Eyebrows are the bane of my (beauty) life ughh, glad I'm not the only one!

    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They're so annoying! With no products on they look too sparse but when I try and do anything with them they look like slugs! xx

      Delete
  2. I suck at painting nails too! Whenever I do mine they end up looking like I painted them while on a roller coaster, and I'm not so good at painting other's nails either (N).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worship people who are good at nails, they must be God. I tend to try about 10 times before they look how I want them to, and then I go and smudge them! xx

      Delete
  3. I cannot do eyeliner. Hahaha I always aim for a nice thin line of winged eyeliner and it usually ends up being half of my eyelid. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's so difficult to get rid of as well! I tend to just rub it away with my finger and then I look like I have really dark eyes, aha xx

      Delete