photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Monday, 1 April 2013

this is not an April fools

Vaseline. We've all heard of it. Most of us have a pot of it at home, in one of the cupboards. We use it on dry skin, chapped lips, anywhere really that we remember our parents telling us to put it when we were younger. But did you know of another use for Vaseline? A 'more mature', 'grown-up' way of using this gel-like formula? 

I can hazard a guess at what the dirtier minded of you are thinking, and no, it's not that! It is, in fact, using it as eyeshadow primer. I realise how strange this sounds, but if you've run out of your favourite Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Benefit Lemon Aid, how about rubbing a teensy-tiny bit of Vaseline on your eyelids? As well as keeping your eyeshadow last all day and not crease up, it still does it's traditional job of keeping our skin well moisturised and hydrated. Just make sure it's properly soaked into your lids, otherwise things could get a bit 'gloopy'! (eww..)


Do you have any surprising beauty tips?

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh! This is interesting! Thank you!
    I'll need to try this, I was thinking of purchasing the Naked Basics palette so this'll keep the shadow on all day!

    I don't really have any tips, if I do I'll let you know!

    becky xoxo

    tiedyeandteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh.. naked basics pallette, how I wish I could buy you :( I'm afraid I'm on rather a spending ban and it's proving much more difficult than I thought, haha! And happy Easter for Sunday xx

      Delete
  2. Most interesting thing i've read today! I never seem to invest in primers

    wander-bug.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither! But it always shows when my eyeshadow has faded by lunchtime.. such a cheap, long-lasting solution!

      Delete
  3. Very cool tip! Thanks for sharing- I'll have to try it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Who doesn't have Vaseline! I mainly use mine for when I'm dying my hair so my skin doesn't stain.

    Who would have thought Vaseline could be used as a primer?! Definitely trialing this out t'moro!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I definitely never would have thought of this! I've used Vaseline as a dry skin aide, but never would I have thought of this. I need a good eye primer, so I'm definitely excited about trying this out.

    -Megan
    www.armywifestylelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never would have thought of this! Fab post :D Following you now! -Emma xx


    emmalinabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete