photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Thursday, 4 April 2013

review> Lush bubblegum lip scrub





So many blogs seem to be reviewing this product recently, and I remembered purchasing it a while ago so I thought I may as well jump on the band wagon!

Using a lip scrub is a much gentler way of buffing your lips to get rid of dead skin than the ol' toothbrush trick. With a toothbrush, it is much easier to scrub to much and end up peeling away some new skin, making your lips red and raw. Plus, lip scrubs are cuter, nicer smelling, and these ones are edible!

These lip scrubs cost £5.25, which is quite expensive for a little 25g pot of something you could make with things in your home. However, you are paying for people to make this so you don't have to, and the gorgeous scents and flavours that Lush always provides and that you might not be able to recreate.
The scent I got was Bubblegum, but it's also described as Candy Floss, which is slightly confusing and misleading also I don't suppose there's much difference between the two. Bubblegum is a very sugary sweet, girly flavour and the pink colouring just adds to the effect. This is great for me because I like my sweet smells, but there are other scents such as Popcorn and Mint Julips for all you savoury gals out there.

Coming on to the actual polishing/ buffing/ scrubbing powers of this, it does do it's job. I dip my finger in the pot then rub the sugar into my lips in small circular motions then lick off the excess- my favourite part - and my lips feel lovely and perfectly soft and smooth. The scrub is quite dry, meaning the sugar is hardly held together by the jojoba oil in it and comes apart as you rub it in. This isn't too much of a problem as long as you make sure you scrub all over your lips- no point having smooth lips on only one half- and it's probably made that way so the scrub doesn't get too sticky.

After using this, I wipe my lips with a tissue to make sure I don't have any sugar or dead skin still hanging on ( gross, I know) then put on a refreshing coat of lip balm before applying any other lip products.

Overall, I like everthing about this scrub except the price. I think this is a great scrub to keep at home for when your lips look super dry and don't have a lot of time, but it could be fun- and cheaper- to have a go at making your own.

14 comments:

  1. I love Lush lip scrubs so much! I have the Bubblegum and the Popcorn ones and I adore what they do to my lips! <33 Great post hun!

    I am having an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win Chanel lipstick and some Maybelline goodies! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush are just amazing- they seem to have something for every need and occasion! Thanks for letting me know- just entered :) and congrats, by the way! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi beautiful! :-) I also have had this for a while and I do love it but like you said, when trying to scoop a little bit onto your finger it does fall apart and I find myself having to do it over the sink so I can catch any 'fall out' so to say, which is annoying! However, I do love it and I use it a lot (I think because it's edible too ha ha) but it is fab!

    Thank you for posting!
    Lots of love ❤
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so cute, thank YOU for reading! I think if they used just a touch more jojoba oil it would stick much more easily and it wouldn't affect the texture and results of the scrub too much? xx

      Delete
  3. Lots of my friends have the bubblegum flavour and it smells amazing yet I've never tried it. This seems like a good product for me, I suffer from bad crusty lips (eww). I'll be looking to give this a try, that is if I can muster the money! I seem to spend it like theres no tomorrow these days!

    Becky xoxo

    tiedyeandteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, same! There doesn't seem to be a day that goes by that my lips don't feel dehydrated or I wake up with crusty lips. Like I said, you could always try making your own using castor sugar, jojoba (available at holland and barrett) or olive oil and optional food colouring and flavouring! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this product, it smells and tastes AMAZING! Great review!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't do a lot of reviews because I get a bit nervous of how people would react to my opinions on things, but I've decided to throw caution to the wind and trying to do more impression posts and reviews :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love these products but I usually stick to the mint one~

    ♥ B
    With Love From, B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it nice? I do love a bit of mint, but it was such a bright, cheery colour I had to go for it! xx

      Delete
  6. I make DIYS of these Sarah - work even better xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning on doing that tomorrow! I love how when you make it yourself you can change it to suit YOU xx

      Delete
  7. You're supposed to lick your lips first so that it sticks better. Maybe you know that haha. I have the Popcorn flavor and I bought it because it was a dollar cheaper than the others and buy one get one free. But it's a little gross! Maybe just the idea is kind of what grosses me out I don't know. But I wish I had tried different flavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know that! But I lick my lips a lot anyway as a nervous habit so they're already wet before I use the scrub anyway. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the popcorn flavour. Maybe it's the type of popcorn (sweet, salted, better, caramel, etc.) or you could always try making your own? Planning a d.i.y for that tomorrow! xx

      Delete