photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Friday, 12 April 2013

interview with Adela-Mae


Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Adela-Mae, an incredibly talented 15 year old singer, songwriter, piano and guitar player based in the south of England. She talks about new competitions, her love of music, and- of course- fashion and beauty.


So Adela, when did you first start being interested in music, and was there something that prompted you?
Well, I’ve always been interested in music, and I’ve been singing for a long time. I played guitar since I was 6 and piano since I was 12. So, I suppose what really prompted me was the music that was played around my house but it started to become more serious for me when I started posting videos on YouTube and performing in front of people. For example, last year I entered Talentcall which is the leading talent contest in the Southwest and I got to the finals.

Wow, congratulations! Tell me more about the competition you are competing in this year.
The competition is called Teen Star, which is in coalition with Open Mic, which has discovered the likes of Birdy and Lucy Spraggan from last year’s X-Factor UK. I’m performing in the regional finals and it will give me the opportunity to expose myself to industry experts. If I’m lucky enough to get through to the finals, I will be performing the O2 in London, which will be an amazing experience.

What are some of the prizes up for grabs in Teen Star?
Throughout the competition it’s possible to win studio time and music lessons. The overall winner can win up to £5000 and gain exposure through muzu.tv which can be used to start a career in music.

£5000?! What would you buy with that kind of money?
I'd probably put it towards buying One Direction! No, on a serious note, I would love to use it to record my own EP and eventually bring it out on iTunes.


Who influences your music?
I’m really influenced by lots of music styles because my family seems to listen to every possible genre, but I favour acoustic music, singer/songwriters like Ed Sheeran and bands like The Script.

An X-Factor type question, but who do you want to be as famous as?
I would love to be as famous as Beyonce. Because you should always be yourself, unless you can be Beyonce. Always be Beyonce!

What is your 'back-up plan', if singing didn't work out for you?
If I didn’t become a professional performer, I would go into media or fashion journalism (my kinda gal!) because I like to express myself through words.

How do you think your friends would describe you?
My friends would probably describe me as random or spontaneous, and friendly and caring as I make it my priority to be there for my friends (yes, that includes you Sarah!)


Seeing as this is a beauty and fashion blog, I just have to ask you a couple more questions...

What is your number 1 beauty tip?
My number one beauty tip is to always drink lots and lots and lots of water and green tea because water is great for the skin and green tea helps detox the body.

Definitely, staying hydrated is so important. Who is your absolute favourite style crush?
Miranda Kerr! She’s just amazing at taking classic looks and making them accessible for everyday looks.

Thank you Adela for taking the time to answer these questions, it was lovely to have you! I wish you all the best with Teen Star and a future in the music industry.

If you want to keep up with Adela, you can do so here:

Facebook: Adela-Mae
Twitter: @AdelaMae_
Instagram: @AdelaMae_
Trendabl: @AdelaMae_


3 comments:

  1. nice blogs, welcome to blog
    http://makeupgeeksunite.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tip is really good and your product also. Anyone wants always looking for skincare product. So start taking care of your skin.

    ReplyDelete