photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Monday, 8 April 2013

evening skincare routine





Products:


What I do:

1) Pour a little Blephasol onto a cotton pad. Hold it there for 10 seconds then wipe out to the sides. Use the damp opposite side of the cotton pad to gently rub the lower and upper lash lines to help with dry eyes and alleviate irritation, redness and general not-niceness going on in my eyes.

2) Squeeze about 2 pea sizes of Elemis gentle rose onto my fingertips and exfoliate my face. I tend to focus most on my T-Zone, especially my nose although I'm not sure why, as that is where I get most spots and want to clear the skin cells and dirt around there for the next steps to really work.

3) Pat my face dry and squeeze a small amount of Liz Earle's famous hot cloth cleanser onto my fingers to massage into my skin. Once I feel it's well rubbed in, I run warm water over my Liz Earle muslin cloth and wash away the dirt and cleanser, moving the cloth in small, circular motions. I then rinse some warm water over myself  to make sure everything's gone, and end by splashing cold water on my face to close up my pores again.

4) I now move onto my serum, and use Trish McEvoy's beauty booster serum which helps minimise any lines I may have (hopefully I don't have any at this age anyway, but it's hard to find a serum that doesn't claim to do this!) and enhance my complexion. I rub 4-5 drops of this between my hands then massage into the skin on my face and neck in long, upward motions from the middle of my face. 
* If I'm using Alpha H that night, I will do this step after that.

5) I alternate each night between using my favourite Lush face mask and the Alpha H liquid gold as the liquid gold can be too drying to use every night. If I'm using the mask, I apply a generous amount over my face and leave it there for 5-10 minutes, before washing it off with warm water and a flannel. On the other hand, if I'm using my Alpha H I will pour it onto a cotton pad and simply wipe it all over my face, wait for it to become dry to the touch and continue with my routine.

6) Now is the time I use my moisturiser. I am currently using Caudalie's vinosource for sensitive skin, which I'm really liking. It doesn't trigger any breakouts, keeps my skin well hydrated without being oily and has a really nice creamy, smooth, not sticky and not too rich feeling and consistency. I apply this very much the same as I do my beauty booster serum.

7) At this stage, rub a little bit of Bio-Oil over any scars I have (one from cutting my hand in wood work, one from badly burning myself on my curling tongs, and any others I find) and using my Lush bubblegum lip scrub, which I reviewed here

8) My 8th and final step is to rub a little bit of lip balm on- Burt's Bees is my current favourite although I haven't photographed it- then get into bed in my pyjamas.

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I do at night, and feel free to let me know of any of your staple skincare products or link to your skincare regimen posts if you have done one.
Sweet dreams and goodnight 





22 comments:

  1. It's quite a nice routine you have. I don't have a routine yet, but reading yours is helping me try to sort one out. New follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've only just started getting really into skincare, so I'm still experimenting, but this seems to be the one that works for me. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is quite a routine! I don't know how you manage to do that every night! My routine involves removing making, washing my face, and then using acne spot cream where necessary. I use face masks 3 times a week and exfoliate about 3 times a week. Do you think all of your additional steps are necessary? Has it helped your skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I think it all depends on your skin. I have oily/ normal combination skin, but it's been quite bad at the moment, and the extra steps have seemed to clear it up but still keep my skin feeling soft and hydrated. If you have normal or less troublesome skin, then there;s no need paying for things that you don't need xx

      Delete
  3. I use three products (4 tops!) as my daily skin care and can barely muster up the motivation to do that! These all sound like amazing products! If I had a routine like this I'd hope I had the cleanest and smoothest skin! LUSH face masks are amazing!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to just cleanse, tone(sometimes not even that!) and moisturise, occasionally using a spot cream. Unfortunately, my skin became so bad that I just had to do something to get it cleaner again. This routine definitely works for me, but I have to admit sometimes I skip on or two of the steps if I'm too tired or feel my skin doesn't need it! xx

      Delete
  4. You use a lot of products! Haha I really need to do more than just a face wash and a moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on your skin type. If you have normal skin and/or hardly any spots or problem areas, then why should you spend so much money on things you don't need? My skin's going through a bad patch at the moment though, so these have definitely helped xx

      Delete
  5. I use Burt's Bees lip balm before hitting the sheets too :))

    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it's so good! I'm not much of a fan of Vaseline on the lips because I don't like the melted-ness of it- Burts Bees is the perfect blend of soft to easily go over the lips and firm to stay there and not feel so wet xx

      Delete
  6. This is brilliant, My skin care routine isn't great so I need a few new ideas, Also a new moisturizer. I also badly need a lip scrub...

    becky xoxo

    tiedyeandteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, mine wasn't a few months ago either! My skin became really bad though, so I knew I needed to do something about it. To save money, why not try a simple diy lip scrub with castor sugar and olive or jojoba oil? xx

      Delete
  7. you have such a lovely blog, so glad i came across. my skin was really bad lately and i really had to step up my skincare routine. i use lush face masks and their lip scrub too and i love them. they work so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is so cute :) I never used to pay that much attention to skincare, I just took what my dermatologist gave me then focused on makeup to cover it up, but taking matters more into my own hands and finding products to help my skin has made such a difference xx

      Delete
  8. Nice stuff - I also love Lush fresh facial masks. They really leave my face feeling fresh and clean.
    http://beautifulfacial.xanga.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as well and I think it work wonders on my skin. I stumbled across your blog by accident and I am so gald that I did, I now love your blog :) xx

    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for share this post I also share with you something hope you like my post. With in house training there is no additional travel for you and your staff, it's more fun to attend the course with people you know and students are more comfortable asking questions in a familiar environment, therefore they get more out of the course. You can invite people from outside your organization and receive a booking fee for each outside person. Thanks
    first aid course Newcastle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never thought this could be the secret behind evening glow on beautiful faces. nice routine followed by you.the skin products recommended by you are worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these all products!! and i really want to try, Thanks for share with us. good job keep it up..

    Bremenn Cream | Bremenn Miracle Cream

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're not meant to use alpha H every night, its meant to be used no more than once or twice a week because its so strong, and youre meant to use it on its own, no moisturiser, serum, nothing! you also shouldnt exfoliate every night before your cleanser or use masks every other night, there no need at such a young age! just trying to help, it will make everything work alot better and last longer :) you're using some lovely products

    whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for all the info :)
      I don't use the alpha H every night, i alternate with a face mask or nothing. I was really just following what it said on the box 'use every other night' and 'follow with serum and/or moisturiser' I generally only exfoliate sundays, wednesdays and fridays (too much effort for every night as well!)
      reading your blog now xx

      Delete