photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Saturday, 20 April 2013

coral lip crush> Mac coral bliss




This year, it seems the number 1 colour trend has been coral. Clothes, nails, blush, lips- you can't avoid it- and my particular favourite colour products is Mac's Lipstick in Coral Bliss.


photo credit : MAC
MAC describes this shade as a frosted light coral, but to me it's more of a peachy, papaya coral. I love how I can wear this during the daytime as it is, or mattify it with invisible setting powder as a little colour on my lips without being too obvious, and then carry it on into the night by adding a gloss or lip lacquer for a sheenier, shinier look.

I always apply lipstick after using a lip scrub- I use a homemade one or the Lush bubblegum scrub- so the end look is as smooth and clean as possible. I love MAC lipsticks as they are super pigmented meaning you don't have to use a lot of it to get the desired colour. However, I do find myself having to re-apply this lipstick around every 4 hours, which is a little annoying.

For a very coral- based look, on a spring day I would team this lipstick with pinky-brown smokey eyes, peach blush and a cute up-do or half up-do. For clothes, I would wear a long coral knitted cardigan and a cream tank top with coral or pink  floral or tie-dye jeans on colder days or pink cut-off shorts on warmer days.



8 comments:

  1. Wow this colour is gorgeous! I may have to go and purchase this MAC lipstick :)

    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour is really pretty, perfect for spring and summer!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. This color is perfect for anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous colour (:

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coral lipsticks, such a gorgeous colour and perfect for spring. Great Post!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a beautiful shade for spring/summer - definitely on my neverending mac lipstick list now haha!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this colour so much! I've been loving coral lipsticks recently :) xxx

    www.andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is really very nice. Your tip is really good and your product also. Anyone wants always looking for skincare product. So start taking care of your skin.

    ReplyDelete