photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Saturday, 30 March 2013

someday summary #2> my french exchange experience

punted along in these little things- thank God the weather stayed sunny is all I can say!
I spent five days in France, in a little place called Magné in Niort, which is is the west/ south west of France. The school took us to La Rochelle, Ile de Ré, Futuroscope and a few other places, which were all thoroughly enjoyable. In the evening, my family took me for a tour around their town, to a nice dinner in a restaurant(which I would definitely recommend to you, but I forgot the name-oops!) and bowliing with some of the other French exchanges.

taken along this beautiful river to waste half an hour before we arrived back in Niort

being a keen sailor, I couldn't help but look at the boats and compare them to back home
It rained most days, but we got lucky on the Wednesday and the sun came out in the morning for the boat trip. At one point, our tour guide seemed to set alight to the water and he pumped the soil with the punting stick, which released a gas that he then put his lighter to. What sorcery!

the streets here are so quaint and make me feel like i've stepped back in time
mm.. macaroons! mooching around a french patisserie 
The food the school provided for us wasn't all that great, so I chucked it in the bin and bought my own food wherever we were. Meals with my family were lovely (except for having to eat a few meats I didn't want to..) and I've grown very fond of brioche for breakfast..mm..brioche..

loved this bit of street art and graffiti we found.. soft grunge seems to work so well in these sorts of areas
What was your French Exchange- or any other exchange- like?



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time on your trip! Although I did miss your blog posts!
    Can't wait for your next post.

    becky xoxo

    tiedieandteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good time, all the pictures look so nice! i love france xxx

    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete