photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Monday, 11 February 2013

valentines day > outfit inspiration

Hey, guess what! It's 4 days until Valentines Day! Not that I would know anything about the subject(#ForeverAlone anyone?) but I'm still a girl, and I figured that deciding what to wear, how to do your hair, makeup, and everything like that would be a big deal and all together quite stressful.

If you want some ideas and inspiration(or maybe even the exact outfit) for something to wear, take a look at this collage I compiled for you.


Find my collage on Polyvore here
The way I designed this collage to work was that everything pretty much went together. That means you could pair numbers 8 and 9 with number 2, 4, 3, 10, anything, because there's a very strong colour scheme running throughout.
Speaking of colour schemes, I have been absolutely loving pink/nude tones paired with gorgeous warm browns, which is what I based my collage on as I think it just looks so pretty and feminine. When I move rooms and get to decorate, I'm planning on having whites and browns as the main scheme, with pink or blue accessories depending on what I feel like. There's something about those colour trio's that reminds me of oriental flower paintings.


Are you doing anything on Valentines day?
How do you fare before going out- living a total nightmare or a calm dream?





20 comments:

  1. Wow all of these are so pretty! love the colors.


    ♥ Anusha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't I know it! Imagine being able to put clothes instantly into your wardrobe as soon as you see them.. w o w
      xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous !
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is gorgeous! Neutrals are so pretty! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neutrals are my absolute favourite at the moment. I love pairing them with a single bright, statement piece.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hi^^,
    This dress looks so sweeet!!!
    I wish I would own it and could show it to anyone ♥
    Its soo adorable :D
    XOXO Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing- someone needs to invent that!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Just came across your blog, so cute! I love it :)

    Newest Follower!

    ♥ ♥
    With Love From, B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you so much, it makes me so happy to know that someone enjoys what I write :) xx

      Delete
  6. The dress is beautiful xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this shade of pink! And I pretty much love all the items in this collage, especially that bag towards the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blog, Plz could u check out my blog www.beautybyalice.blogspot.co.uk if you can't don't worry x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your blog is puurrddy~ <3

    geekypinkness.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow i am a Valentines OBSESSIVE, a bit too much.
    Am enjoying your picks, though i don't think i could resist wearing some red!!

    P.s those Zara sale shoes you have in a post below are insanely amazing - something tells me i won't be able to find a pair :( but hey ho!

    Keep warm and keep posting, i'm enjoying these :)

    http://www.wander-bug.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I was thinking of putting red in there somewhere, but I'm going through a very calm, neutral phase, and red is so passionate and 'POW', although I do have to admit I did wear a little bit of red of Valentines (even though I spent the whole day at school and at dance, haha)
      Ooh.. shoes! I couldn't believe my luck when I saw them for sale- I think they were less than £10! I love going shopping in the sales as I can get so many things for much less money, but the sooner you go to the sale, obviously, the more stock and choice they have.

      Will do, and thanks again :) xx

      Delete
  11. Great post! Love the nude colours and the way you arranged it :) Had a quick look through some of your older posts and just had to become a follower! Look forward to up and coming posts :P

    Ellie x

    waterprooflashes.blogspot.co.uk
    youtube.com/ellie1989

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, these neutral colored outfits are to dieee for! I love love love them. Amazing post. Definitely a follower now.

    For Valentines day, I made my boyfriend a bouquet of bacon roses (so funny haha) and he made me dinner, and then set up a movie theater in the house to lay and watch Titanic while having some wine and popcorn and candy. Totally cheesy, but it was awesome. Hope yours was equally as fun!

    xo,
    Brittany~
    derae.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for making my day, honestly burst out laughing when I thought of bacon roses! That sounds so cute and romantic, glad you had a lovely day. Mine was pretty much just school and dance, but I think my parents felt sorry for me not being able to go out so they bought me a single red rose and a heart balloon, which was incredibly sweet of them :)

      Glad you like my blog xx

      Delete