photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

review> Korres 3 in 1 cleansing emulsion

Last summer my mum purchased the Korres 3 in 1 Cleansing Emulsion, and I never paid much attention to it until a few months ago. Even though I have just started using the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, I still think this product deserves a little review.

This cleanser has a creamy consistency and you apply it directly to a dry face. As this was the first dry-cleansing cleanser that I had used, it felt strange at first- much too oily for my skin type, surely?- but after a few uses I got accustomed to the feeling and my skin seemed a lot better for it. On the back of the bottle it says that you can either wipe it off with a dry cotton pad or wash it off with water. The first option made me feel like I hadn't properly washed my face and I was so conscious of any oily feeling on my skin afterwards, but the latter didn't do it for me either as I hate closing my eyes and splashing water over them as I get paranoid (hello, sudden appearing murderers!) and I have to take my lenses out, which I prefer doing at the last possible moment. To overcome the dilemma of taking the cleanser off, I decided to merge the two and wipe it off with a hand-hot, wet cotton pad, which works a lot better for me. 

After a few days, my skin was already feeling more supple and hydrated, and a week or so later I really started to notice a change in my complexion. My spots were less red, and clearing up faster, and my whole face looked brighter and had a more even skin tone.

My only problem with this product is that I don't feel like it gets deep enough in my pores to really clean them, so it would be a better product for people with normal to dry skin as oily and combination types like myself might find that, though their skin is getting clearer at first, there comes a certain point where it stops making as much of a difference and you need to scrub a bit more to fully tackle the sebum in your pores. Also, for those with dryer skin, I feel like you would need to buy an exfoliator to use to get rid of dead skin cells as your skin will become more moisturised but you'll still get dry and flaky patches.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post, I've been looking for a new cleanser. Thank you!
    I was wondering if you could do a daily make up post?
    and If we could swap buttons when I get my layout made? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad i could help!
      Yes to both your questions- added that post idea to my list of things to do this weekend. Good luck with your blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Cannot wait to see that blog post xx

    ReplyDelete